Information about COVID-19
Itaska Beach is included with Leduc County, which is included in the Edmonton Area on the Alberta Health Services map.
The Summer Village is committed to ensuring the public's health and safety, and is following Alberta Health Services' recommendations to further support provincial efforts to contain the spread of the novel coronavirus COVID-19.
Some items in particular to be aware of:
- The Summer Village has partially activated its Emergency Coordination Centre to plan and prepare for COVID-19.
- Regular Council Meetings are being held virtually on Zoom. Please see the event calendar for details on how to connect if you wish to join the meeting via computer or phone. The full agenda is available here.
- The playground, tennis courts and open spaces used to walk and cycle will still be open, as long as people follow all health orders including social distancing.
- Those choosing to travel within the province are reminded to consider local community guidelines and the health and safety of small communities. If planning a trip of this kind, prepare for minimal stops by packing food and stopping only if necessary.
- Alberta Health Services has compiled a tool kit to help Albertans cope with the mental health challenges of this pandemic. You can download the tool kit through this link.
Courts: Beach Volleyball / Tennis / Basketball: Can be used with members of your household
- bring your own equipment (i.e. volleyball, basketball, racquets, balls)
- come back another time if the court is busy
WHAT ARE THE RULES?
+ Gather in a group less than 10 people
+ Maintain 2 meters from others not in my household
+ Only share common equipment with my household
+ Stay home if I am experiencing symptoms (go home if I develop symptoms)
+ Wash or sanitize my hands and cough/sneeze into my elbow or a tissue
+ Disinfect equipment before and after use