Disaster Recovery

Posted on Wednesday February 13, 2019 at 12:40PM

 During a disaster, the province will help with funds for items NOT covered by insurance (this means you still need to have house insurance). This help is called the “Disaster Recovery Program” (DRP), but this only applies to your primary residence. If your summer village home is a secondary lodging, there is no DRP funding available so please make sure you have appropriate home insurance on your property.
Next Steps: To attain many Alberta gov’t services, including DRP funds you must have a “MyAlberta Digital ID”.
Please visit http://www.aema.alberta.ca/assistance-and-recovery-support to get your ID (free) and learn more about disaster funds."

Author: Summer Village of Itaska Beach


Back to all News

Comment on our article:

Posts By Date

Popular Posts


Fill out my online form.

param.controller is [blogs]

param.action is [show_entry]