Any development on your lot requires a development permit.  If you are considering doing any work, please APPLY EARLY, as development applications require a number of documents and plans to be submitted, and appropriate notice periods. See Timelines below for further detail.

Once your development permit has been approved, you will need to get the necessary permits (building, gas, plumbing, electrical) from Superior Safety Codes Inc.

All shoreline work requires a permit from Alberta Environment and Parks. 

For new sewer line connections to the main line, an inspection needs to be done by NEPL - North East Pigeon Lake Sewer Commission prior to it being covered it up. Contact the County of Wetaskiwin at (780) 352-3321 to request the inspection. They do not need to ask for an inspection if there was already a connection to the main line, and they are just re-building their cabin and connecting at the house. There is no fee for the connection.

Development Application 
Note that this can be submitted electronically, if it is clear and to scale (no photos of drawings, please scan in or email original document)

Security Deposit Agreement

Call Before You Dig: 1-800-242-3447 AlbertaOneCall

For natural gas lines, visit or call 1-800-242-3477 to request locates at least two working days before the start of any digging project.


For a standard development application, once all files and the application has been received, the permit will take approximately 3 weeks.

If a variance or discretionary use is requested, there will be an extra ~ 3 weeks for the permit.

Note: any changes requested, or missing documents will require additional time.

Once the permit is issued, there is a 21 day notice and appeal period before the permit comes into effect. 

All requests are processed in the order they are received.

Planning Documents

Intermunicipal Development Plan (IDP): Is being developed

Municipal Development Plan (MDP): Is being developed

Draft Intermunicipal Collaboration Framework

Land Use Bylaw: Divides the municipality into districts; has permitted and discretionary uses in each district; sets standards for development

Current Wastewater Bylaws:

142 - 1990 Sewer Connections 

156 - Amend Sewer Bylaw

Development Officer Contact Information

The Summer Village of Itaska Beach's Development Officer can be contacted as follows:
Imai Thomas Welch
Phone: (403) 819-8352

Development Information Sheet

Compliance Certificates

The need for a Real Property Report (RPR) and Compliance Certificate generally arises when buying or selling developed property.

An RPR is a site/plot plan drawn and/or certified by an Alberta Land Surveyor. The RPR gives lot dimensions, illustrates the dwelling’s location and accessory buildings relative to the property boundaries. The RPR also shows visible encroachments onto or from the property, right-of-ways and easements as noted on the Land Title on the date of survey. The RPR is a legal document that is considered an accurate representation of your property at a specified moment in time.

A Compliance Certificate is a signed acknowledgment by the Summer Village's development officer that the principal building and accessory buildings meet or exceed the requirements of the Summer Village's Land Use Bylaw.

Please note that if the RPR is older than one (1) year, a request for a Compliance Certificate must be accompanied by an Affidavit, executed within 30 days of submission for compliance and signed by the seller, that no additions, structures or changes to existing structures have occurred since the date of the survey.

Submit your request to the Development Officer. The pdf version of the RPR from the surveyor may be e-mailed; alternatively 2 original copies of the RPR can be mailed to the Development Officer; one signed copy will be returned with the compliance certificate.

The fee for a Compliance Certificate is $100.00 (issued within ~ 10 working days).

The fee for a rushed Compliance Certificate is $200.00 (issued within 3 working days).

Tax Certificate

A tax certificate is available upon e-mailing a request to: 
There is a fee of $20.

Road Permits

A permanent road ban is in effect within the corporate limits of the Summer Village for the entire calendar year. The road ban shall impose up to a seventy-five percent (75%) axle weight restriction.  A seasonal road ban is in place during spring breakup or any other time the road is at risk of damage.  The seasonal road ban shall be at 50% axle weight restriction.

Roadata Services Ltd. manages the permits for the Summer Village of Itaska Beach, and inputs the information into the Provincial Transportation Routing and Vehicle Information System (TRAVIS).  To get a permit, please call: 1-888-830-7623.

Shoreline Development

A development permit is required, as well as Alberta Environment and Parks must be contacted before any shoreline development: Shoreline Modification. Please visit their site for more information:

Legal Plans

Plan 1534 ET

Plan 1695 HW

Plan 3837 HW

Plan 3995 KS

Plan 4843 KS

Plan 032 1138

Plan 792 1593

Plan 822 3270

Plan 832 2570

Map of Itaska

Fill out my online form.

param.controller is [page]

param.action is [show_regional]